Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
As one of the world's leading building design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise. For over 65 years Arup have continued to pioneer distinctive creative structural designs. We maintain our reputation because we invest in attracting and developing the most inventive of structural engineers.
About the Role
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients on strategically won projects. You will assist in preparing designs in co-ordination with the team, and gain a thorough understanding of the role of a design engineer by using relevant software and seeing first-hand how we operate.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying an MSc/MEng in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering, or equivalent
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021 or 2022
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in building design
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019