At Arup, we deliver ground-breaking designs through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Effective transport planning is the platform from which integrated communities can be developed to support economic growth, enhance social interaction and deliver environmental benefits by providing sustainable and efficient transport systems.
Low carbon, smarter solutions and a focus on outcomes rather than outputs anchor Arup's approach to transport planning, whether collaborating with clients on innovative projects or shaping debate on policy and planning.
We have established ourselves at the forefront of the debate on future transport and planning policy, with a reputation that is built up on excellence and innovation in our work. As a result, we offer a complete transport consultancy service worldwide, with our Transport Planners operating through a network of over 70 offices across the globe.
Our Transport Planning business provides a range of consultancy services including:
- Transport strategy and planning
- Business case appraisals
- Planning for active and sustainable travel
- Transport demand management and modelling
- Impact assessments
- Traffic engineering
- Development planning
- Data management and analytics
Arup's plans and studies have improved journeys in places around the world by identifying changes to help more people move with greater ease, using less energy. We use sophisticated modelling to consider all forms of transport – including walking and cycling, freight and the urban bus and metro links that connect with intercity and inter-regional transport.
To meet communities' needs today and in the future, our planners work closely with specialists in master planning, sustainable infrastructure, interchange design, rail, highways and aviation to ensure that we achieve truly integrated transport systems. Arup recognises the need to take a wider view on the approach to transport planning and examine why we plan transport, who we plan for and how we do it. This approach is underpinned by the robust technical skills, knowledge and creativity that Arup is famous for. This increasingly includes embracing digital services to combine innate knowledge of the built environment and how new technologies shape a better world.
Are you interested in a career in Transport Planning?
We are currently recruiting for Transport Planning students for an 11-12-month industrial placement starting from June/July 2020, depending on your availability. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about planning to join a multi-disciplinary team.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients on strategically won projects.
We're looking for students with curiosity, enthusiasm, a personal drive to learn and a desire to challenge the norm. If you think you have these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) Transport Planning and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for students with the following qualifications, attributes and skills
- Studying a relevant degree, such as, Civil or other Engineering, Geography, Planning, Economics, Data/Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Transport Planning (on track to achieve 2.1 or above)
- Masters qualification (is desirable)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in Transport Planning
- Possess strong team working skills
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Be willing to learn and develop as opportunities present themselves
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
- information science and librarianship
- transport engineering
- planning and surveying
- geology and geographical science
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019