Do you like the idea of making big financial decisions based on your own analysis, anticipating market trends or customer preferences and you enjoy working with data?
If so, you'll love working here. By working closely with suppliers, you'll be at the forefront of delivering excellent products – at excellent prices – to our customers.
The work is challenging, varied and rewarding as the decisions you make can have a huge impact on our business. Buy too much and our warehouses run out of space. Order too little and our customers are disappointed. Buy at the wrong price, or miss that next trend, and the result could cost us millions. It can be nail-biting stuff.
We want to help you develop breadth and depth of experience, so over two years, you'll complete two to three rotations. This will give you an opportunity to build your network, develop new skills and gain insights into our industry by working in a number of different roles.
These could include:
- Buyer: analysing sales data, predicting trends and negotiating with our suppliers
- Merchandiser: making sure that our products are always best placed for the customer – both in store and digitally
- Category Planner: implementing promotions and new product launches, analysing trends and considering how to maximise sales for your category in-store and online
- Supply Chain Analyst: using data analytics and optimisation models to increase efficiency and reduce costs
As part of this programme, you will also complete an apprenticeship in Leadership & Management to help you develop the mindset, behaviours and skills that are vitally important to ensure we continue to embrace the constant changes we see across retail. This is a thoroughly modern apprenticeship offering you a mix of digital content, interactive games and immersive exercises as well as the chance to apply what you've learned, pretty much from day one. The result is learning that doesn't feel like learning, and that's both more rewarding and more productive.
What we are looking for
- You will need strong analytical skills, the ability to network, build relationships and influence people while working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and target-driven environment.
- You will also need to have the right to work in the UK upon commencement and at least until the end of the programme.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 January 2021