Bigger growth. Better opportunity.
As well as a competitive salary, our apprenticeships offer you the chance to study for fully funded qualifications. So, you can earn while you learn, and you won't need to worry about student debts.
Our new 2023 Retail Degree Apprenticeship Programme has been developed in partnership with the store managers of today for the retail leaders of tomorrow. And as we have big plans to grow our store portfolio over the next two years, the chance for you to have your own store and become a Retail Leader of the Future is bigger and better than ever before.
On our 4-year programme, you'll complete a series of placements in our stores, progressing at pace and taking on more accountability each year.
You'll also study for a BA (Hons) Business Management Professional and CMI status at Manchester Metropolitan University. Delivered over four years through blended learning, the programme combines real management experience with online learning modules, lectures, and face-to-face tuition at university. We will of course, cover your costs and make sure you have time off to study.
- Year 1: For the first 3 months, you will work as a Store Colleague, familiarising yourself with our store operations before stepping up in month 4 as a “Section Manager in Training”.
- Year : Section Manager, you'll motivate your Section Leaders and Colleagues to deliver the best standards across your section, maximising availability and driving sales. You'll have an eye for detail, maintaining shop floor standards and coaching your team to do the same.
- Year 3: Trading Manager, this is your chance to hone your leadership skills by managing a team of managers
- Year 4: Express Store Manager –Through a blend of hands-on experience, academic-learning and excellent training, you should now be on track to graduate from University AND pick up the keys to one of our new Express stores or step up to Operations Manager in one of our superstores. Imagine that!
Retail managers share characteristics and qualities that make a massive difference. They're tenacious, hardworking, and determined. But they're also empathetic, caring and customer focused. The pedestrian 9-5 doesn't interest them. Instead, they're motivated by problem solving, highly organised and passionate about delighting their customers and keeping their colleagues engaged.
If you have an ambition to be a store manager of the future, the Retail Degree Apprenticeship Programme will guide you, prepare you and support you every step of the way.
What you will need
- Recently gained or predicted a minimum of 112 UCAS points
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs OR 4 Highers at minimum level B including Maths or equivalent qualification (for Scottish stores)
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Take time to complete your online application, it really is the best way to make a good first impression. Once we have it, we use a range of techniques to narrow down the field and help us find our ideal candidates.
If you are successful at each stage, you will progress to the next. This will include:
- A short, blended personality and numerical assessment
- Three, quick video interview questions
- A half-day assessment centre at Asda House where you will meet the team
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 April 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 April 2023