We have an opportunity for a Research Associate to be based in the Marlow area. As you will be working as part of a team, we seek a personable, team oriented characters that have a desire to develop, and contribute to research at the forefront of this important and expanding market. Knowledge of computer software and information technology are not required, although an interest would definitely be an advantage, and even better if this is a market you have genuine interest within and knowledge and experience of either on an academic or from a career perspective.
This role will consist of working with our senior consultants on international assignments, identifying target companies and actively seeking candidates within them and building shortlists. This will also include internet research, phone mapping, and making candidate approach calls. The role is both varied and interesting.
In return we will offer you a comprehensive training scheme which will give you exposure to emerging technology companies. We will also train you on the state of the art research methodologies and if this position became permanent it would include a career development programme which will give you the opportunity to move into a client facing executive search career role over three years.
- Gain understanding of the skills and process of head-hunting
- Gain experience and achieve success within the research phase of the search
- Gain experience and achieve success within approaching phase of the search
- Acquire an understanding of the overall management of a search
- Demonstrate thorough understanding and use of maximising tools such as FileFinder and LinkedIn
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the cycle of a search to include process and timescales
- Build a track record of successful delivery of searches in a timely and efficient manner to expectation
- Gain understanding and be able to articulate clearly the value proposition and positioning of the Aspen client propositions and the key players
- Be able to clearly understand and articulate the value proposition of Aspen
- Demonstrate considered and accurate qualification of candidates against brief
- Gain demonstrable understanding of a broad number of roles against which we recruit for our clients
- Gain demonstrable understanding of cultural differences across the searches you are involved in
- Become involved and gradually take accountability for developing “successful” CVs
- Become adept at producing an accurate search target list with cognitive demonstration in support of your choices
- Work towards advising others in research that are supporting you on your assignments
- Demonstrate your ability to think outside the box to build shortlists and come up with your own ideas on how to find the right person for the search
- Contribute to the overall success of Aspen as a team player and valued member
- Demonstrate consistently your ability to motivate yourself, your team if relevant and colleague’s around you to achieve results
- Demonstrate your resilience
- Demonstrate your abilities to lead in a virtual team environment
- To consistently and readily take accountability
- To demonstrate effective “headhunting” communication skills, both written and verbal
Aspen Worldwide offer competitive salaries, as recruitment is our business. People joining our team are assessed on their experience and value they may bring to Aspen Worldwide now and in the future. A career with Aspen Worldwide as a head-hunter can be financially rewarding as well as career and personally rewarding.
Working location and environment
Aspen Worldwide office location is an added attraction for our team members. We are based on the Harleyford Country Estate in Marlow, in the Thames Valley which is ideal for the reaching our client base and also makes domestic and international travel easier as we are near to a number of major motorways, airports and train connections. The location, like the profile of our business, is unique, has a beautiful view and grounds that you can and are encouraged to explore on breaks and also has the added element of security.
Our team enjoy the working environment and location as an alternative to, for example, London or Reading as we are based in a marina on the River Thames in the grounds of secure picturesque Harleyford Country Estate.
What we are looking for
Strong research ability is key, as is attention to detail and great accuracy, who is seeking a venture into a new career. You will be sharp, with a highly curious mind and have a personal wish to learn more. For the right candidate this could progress into a permanent role.
We are seeking highly intelligent, bright individuals who are above the norm in terms of acumen, focus, curiosity and degree results. Individuals who have proven research skills as well as great proficiency with regarding the use of IT, systems and the internet, plus who are efficient and organised in terms of managing their work and commercially astute. You will need to be a real “people” person and have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, be highly articulate and personable and able to communicate at all levels.
We are a successful team of head-hunters and from our experience the following characteristics are the most suitable for a career as a head hunter
- Confident, bright character and attitude
- Excellent communication skills on the telephone and face-to-face
- Active mind, creative, proactive and resourceful
- Practical common sense approach and excellent problem solving skills
- Able to retain and apply knowledge effectively
- Analytical and thorough organised and clear thinker
- Able to work to deadlines and set clear expectations of results
- Decision maker, persuasive and capability to influence
- Values such as open, honest, integrity, trustworthy, reliable
- Sense of perspective and realism
- Career minded and team orientated
Must have access to own car.
Must be available to start immediately
This may suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years work experience, with a minimum 2:1 degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||Up to three|
|Location||Buckinghamshire · Marlow|
|Additional location information||Harleyford Country Estate|