At Faithful+Gould, we’re a really diverse business, a business full of people who want to make a positive difference. You will be joining a talented workforce who really make a difference to the communities in which we live and operate, our client’s projects, and the careers of our talented workforce. Our graduates are the next generation of that workforce – they’re our future experts, and Faithful+Gould is committed to providing training and development to ensure that they, like all Faithful+Gould staff, have the best opportunity to fulfil their potential.
You can either join us as Quantity Surveyor in our Infrastructure team or our Property teams.
Both industries provide focus on adding value to our clients’ construction journey through expert cost advice and construction technical knowledge.
Commercial Property Team
If you join one of our Quantity Surveyor Property teams you will enjoy exposure on a wide variety of schemes, in all sectors, including new university campuses, office towers, commercial office developments, refurbishment of listed buildings and museums, large residential scheme, theme parks, the list is endless! You will learn to guide design teams, ensuring projects are designed within our clients’ budget and you will work with contractors, on site, managing construction costs for our clients. Along the way you gain excellent experience to enable you to pass your APC confidently not just making you a Chartered Surveyor but making you excellent at your job. You will learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and will develop your mathematical ability and business acumen. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing qualified team, to learn from.
Our Quantity Surveyor Infrastructure team, enables you to work on some of the most prestigious civil engineering projects in the UK, influencing the way we live and shape the built environment. Our highly-regarded Infrastructure team has a significant client base across multiple sectors, working for clients such as TFL, Network Rail, Highways England, EDF Energy, Thame Water and Gatwick Airport to name just a few. As a Quantity Surveyor in infrastructure you will have the exciting opportunity to take responsibility for a vast array of projects ranging between £1m - £100m+. This will involve spending time in the office or out on the clients site, ensuring that client projects are delivered on time, budget and to the specification. Tasks can range from providing clients with strategic cost advice at project conception, to guiding clients through procurement routes and administering contracts of major value on their behalf.
As a building surveyor, you need to enjoy being out of the office. The nature of our projects and the work we do is hands on, you will likely be liaising directly with the client and project team as well as members of the public on a fairly frequent basis. Time spent back in the office will not be dull, for one thing there will always be a new project to work on, our teams are growing and our project variety with it. Our building surveyors manage a number of projects at any one time, most likely all falling within a different sector from a local primary school extension, to a medieval fortress, to a prison building to a recording studio – pretty much anything property related across the public and private sector. Our services include party wall, dilapidations, technical due diligence, surveys, landlord and tenant relations and compliance. Our scope is not limited, nor is our potential. We are one of the leading providers of building surveying services within the UK, our national team will support you through your APC and beyond. If you’re looking for a varied project portfolio, which frequently takes you out of the office and enjoy being part of a large, social team then this is the discipline for you.
Working as a project manager you will form an integral part of our established team of project and programme management practitioners and will be supported in all aspects of your career development. Our project managers are involved in some of the world’s largest construction projects as well as some of the most complex, requiring meticulous planning to ensure successful delivery to our clients and stakeholders. You will work in a in a wide variety of industry sectors and will develop your skills on a multitude of projects, learning from some of the best professionals in the world. You will learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and will develop your management abilities.
Strategic Asset Management
You’ll join us as a Graduate Consultant and will help provide expert advice to our clients on a range of complex projects. Our consultants work across both public and private sectors, including universities, pharmaceutical, government and new and refurbishment development projects. You will learn to work with clients and learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and well-rounded and broad-based consultant. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing team, to learn from.
At F+G, you will join a highly motivated, knowledgeable and dynamic team that will ensure that you receive the right training and development opportunities required to achieve your Chartership, which will open doors around the world as an internationally recognised professional standard.
Training and development
Our training will help you solve real-life problems from day one and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
- Our three-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. What defines Faithful+Gould is the unrivalled amount of support by your assigned supervisor and buddy during APC workshops, monthly Q&A, training and mocks.
- Professional development which will be discussed throughout GDP, encouraging you to obtain your APC by offering you a wide variety of work and projects in order to gain experiencer required to achieve this. We also offer core learning modules to develop your softer skills such as technical writing and presentation skills to enable to you complete your day to day role.
- APC coaching and industry exposure with a high-level clients and variety of projects
- This year we have had exceptional UK APC results exceeding the national average by 15% with a combined pass rate of 80% which shows our dedication and commitment to training and L&D.
Do you want to work on some of the most prestigious, innovative and demanding construction challenges around the globe? From the world’s tallest hotel and giant petrochemical plants to London’s Heathrow Airport and the Freedom Tower in New York? Do you want to work for a company whose success is built on hiring, training, developing and retaining the very best people? Do you have the drive to keep on learning and achieve professional status?
You’ll be motivated with a positive attitude and enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices, and always seeking to be forward thinking and going the extra mile to help us maintain our excellent performance.
Does this sound like you? In which case - we’d love you to apply.
As one of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies, our cutting-edge independent advice and support enables our clients to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes. You can help us lead the way as a quantity surveyor, building surveyor, project manager or strategic asset management consultant.
We are a worldwide integrated project and programme management consultancy. Wherever in the world, we support clients with the construction and management of their key assets, important projects and programmes. High profile projects we have worked on include the World Trade Center sit, TFL, Houses of Parliament, HS2 and our clients include such companies as GSK, EDF, Nike, Michelin, Rolls Royce, Intel, Exxon and Coca-Cola Co.
With a turnover in excess of £230 million we employ over 2,300 passionate and experienced professionals operating from a network of more than 50 offices throughout Asia Pacific, UK and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.
We are a member of the Atkins Group, one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies.
- The drive to keep on learning, achieve professional status (RICS) and develop your technical skills
- Someone who can analyse problems and apply their technical knowledge to make sound decisions and create innovative solutions
- A good communicator who can collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and become a trusted customer adviser
- Always positive you’ll love taking on new technical challenges and going beyond to exceed customer expectations.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You’ll be a talented graduate with a 2.2 degree or above in quantity or building surveying, project management or a degree in any subject for those who can demonstrate commercial or technical acumen. We’ll sponsor your MSc on a day release basis if you don’t have a degree in a relevant subject.
- You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve professional status (RICS). With a passion for working in a consultancy environment, you’ll want to work with customers and with teams who deliver to their customers and you’ll be adaptable and happy to cope with uncertainty. Communication and team-working will be your key skills as well as having the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
Accepted degree subjects
settling-in payment £2,500 in first month
Cambridge · Cardiff · Epsom · London · Southampton · Swansea · Tunbridge Wells · Warrington
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 16
The first step is to register your personal details with us; you’ll then be invited to complete a situational judgment test (presented to you in video and text format with multiple choice responses). Next it’s the full application online and if successful here you’ll be invited to complete numerical and ability tests, a telephone interview and finally a graduate assessment centre.
Remember, you can only make one application per cycle, so take your time when reading about our opportunities.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 19/09/2018