Avid Insurance Services Limited is a fast growing insurance managing general agent specialising in niche insurance products across both personal and commercial lines. Due to expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a trainee underwriter who can support the activities of the existing underwriting team across the whole business. Initially to learn the main underwriting criteria within each line of business and then support the underwriting team on a day to day basis. Excellent communication is required with Avid's key distributor and underwriting partners. You will work within a small team to deliver an excellent service to all partners and colleagues.
Key parts of the role will include
- answering technical queries from distributors and liaising with underwriters to determine acceptence and appropriate premiums for risks
- analysing large volumes of scheme data to understand the trends and patterns within the scheme to deliver required underwriting returns
- involved in the preparation and delivery of renewals of schemes and individual commercial risks
- presentation of results both internally to the Avid team as well as to underwriters and distributors
- developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with Avid's existing and new partner networks.
Working hours are 9am - 5pm, although in busy times you will be expected to work beyond this.
What we are looking for
You must have excellent communication skills both written and spoken with attention to detail. You must be able to work to tight deadlines. Whilst experience is not essential, you need to be able to work within in a small team and have the ability to communicate with the directors of the business as well as underwriters and partners.
A minimum 2:1 relevant degree would be required, ideally in business, management, econimcs, law or mathematics.
You must be willing to study for your professional qualification (CII examinations) for which time and financial support will be given. You must be numeric and computer literate and demonstrate the ability to work with Office packages and internal systems.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- law and legal studies
Additional job details
Pension, free travel insurance, bonus, study package
How to apply
Please attach an up to date CV together with a covering letter. Interviews will be held in our Leeds office and will be competency based.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment