As a Business Administrator you will play a vital role within the AWE organisation handling day to day tasks that ensures the business runs smoothly. Working closely with various functional areas of AWE such as Operations, Finance, Project Management, Human Resources (HR), Procurement (buying goods / services) and IT Services will provide you with exciting opportunities to learn how a business operates.
Your tasks will include, but not be limited to; document processing (Printing, copying, binding, shredding), organising and maintaining files and records, organising meetings, and supporting visitors to our sites, diary and inbox management on behalf of senior managers, making travel arrangements and taking minutes.
During your apprenticeship you will primarily be based in a live working environment with placements around the various areas of the business but working in conjunction with our Skills Academy team who will support and aid your learning with various training programmes. In addition to the on the job, practical element of your training, you will be supported with coaching and mentoring. This will increase your ability to obtain all the necessary knowledge of Business Administration to help you to achieve your Business Administration apprenticeship.
The Business Administration apprenticeship at AWE may appeal to you if you enjoy:
- Working as part of a team
- Planning and being organised
- Helping others
- Communicating and interacting with others
- An office environment
- 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above to include Maths and English
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- A passion and motivation for learning and continuous improvement
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 31 August 2024 due to security clearance requirements.
- Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.
What we offer
- We offer our level 3 apprentices a starting salary of £16,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £20,500
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a nine-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
- Access to employee discounts – everyday savings on retail, hospitality and leisure.
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
All successful candidates will join us on 12 August 2024. It is important that you are available that week and the week commencing 19 August so you can meet the rest of the Apprentice cohort and take part in our induction programme. There is another compulsory training week from 11 September, so we'll ask you not to request annual leave that week either.
Additional job details
- Berkshire · Aldermaston.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Would you like to learn more about our selection process? Watch our video to find out more.
The next wave of role closures will occur on 28 January or until the role is filled, apply now for the best chance of success.
Our ambition is to create workplaces where we recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and our employees feel able to be themselves at work. We strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide us will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 January 2024