Because what we do is of the highest security, you’ll need to be a British National to work at AWE - this means you will need to have resided in the UK for the past five years for SC clearance and ten years for DV. We may consider dual nationality for certain roles.
We are at the start of a once in a generation – possibly two generations – programme to design and produce a replacement warhead for the UK’s continuous at sea deterrent. We will do this while continuing to deliver the Trident programme as well as managing ambitious, multi-billion-pound, multi-year, state-of-the-art capital and construction projects – some of which have never been done before.
Space technology, computing & code development, advanced manufacturing, explosives, radioactive materials, high hazard building design & construction are the everyday at AWE. Join us and help protect the UK, every hour of every day.
What to expect on the programme?
- You will learn from some of the top leaders in their field.
- Your series of placements will accelerate your learning and advance your critical skill sets.
- You’ll participate in leadership, business, and behavioural training.
- You will work towards professional registration.
We will give you a competitive total reward package including
- £30,000 salary
- £2,500 welcome payment
- £1,000 loan available
- £3,000 Scheme Completion Bonus to be paid to those still in the business 12 months after the end of the scheme
- A nine-day working fortnight (this means you will not work every other Friday!)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Excellent work/life balance
What we are looking for
- You will need to be expecting a 2:1 in any engineering discipline
- You must be able to join AWE in Autumn 2023.
- Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas, if applicable.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
plus £2,500 welcome bonus
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
We recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as our positions have been filled, we will close.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023