With annual revenue of over £4bn, it’s fair to say our finances need just as much expertise as our projects. Over three years, you’ll get to grips with the complexities of company-based accounting and financial management. What’s more, we’ll cover the costs and support you along the way to get your prestigious Chartered Management Accountant (‘CIMA’) qualification.
Accountancy and Finance at Babcock
You’ll gain the broadest exposure to company-based accounting and financial management, with roles spanning project, management and financial accounting. You’ll work with teams on projects aligned to many different sectors, which will give you the kind of experiences and insights that are very hard to come by.
Every step of the way, you will be mentored towards Chartered Management Accountants status. We’ll support you to gain Associate of Chartered Management Accountants (ACMA) status, offered by CIMA. You’ll learn either through a tuition provider or via distance learning.
The company uses Kaplan to support our finance graduates through their CIMA studies and you will complete this utilising the Level 7 Accounting/Taxation Professional – CIMA Master’s Degree apprenticeship standard.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- To be able to satisfy our customer security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
- An (Hons) degree in accountancy and finance, economics, science or engineering
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023