Work for the world you want to live in.
Wouldn’t you want to live in a world where people, populations and the planet thrive? Where technology protects rather than threatens. Where societies feel safe and secure. Where cities and continents feel part of one global community.
We’re an international aerospace, defence and security company, with sites all-round the UK, that do loads of exciting and important things to make the world safer and more secure. We defend nations, save lives and protect communities around the globe.
We are Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group and the UK’s leading nuclear services company.
With a highly skilled workforce we are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
A career with us is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
At Cavendish Nuclear we put people first. Work with us and you’ll discover that our focus on people is unique.
From our Warrington Hub Cavendish Nuclear and Babcock deliver many exciting, diverse and challenging projects and services, ranging from multi-million pound major projects to development, build & operations of New Nuclear projects making our ambition to achieve Net Zero a reality
Becoming a qualified Quantity Surveyor, you will develop and learn fundamental knowledge skills and behaviours required to become a fully functioning member of the commercial team . During the course, you will acquire all the required skills to carry out key commercial activities and be versed with all the key challenges and issues faced within a live project environment.
The Commercial Apprenticeship is based at our Dalton Hub in Warrington.
Working at Dalton puts the best of the North West at your fingertips.
- Short term placements at our Devonport site.
- Apprentices will work across a variety of contracts and will move around to gain an insight into all commercial activities within business.
- Apprentices also attend college to complete a nationally recognised Level 4 qualification.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of five GCSE’s at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and science, and maths
- Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level before taking the end-point assessment.
- The ability the gain SC clearance.
What you’ll get
- Generous benefits including:
- Very competitive starting salary
- Fully funded qualifications up to degree level may be available
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Pension scheme with employee contributions matched up to 8% of salary
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working (by local arrangement)
- Discounted shopping and half-price cinema tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
A Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard and is approved by the industry’s recognised professional bodies meeting the educational requirements for Technician status or the equivalent level of membership.
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at the interview.
For help with your application and advice on your CV please click here
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 27 March 2023