Control, Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering here covers a wide range of complex systems and intricate infrastructure. Through a mix of placements over the course of two, you’ll experience some extraordinary projects. You’ll also work with some technically brilliant people and develop your expertise.
Control, Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering at Babcock
As a core member of a CI&E Engineering team you will work to support the winning and delivery of large scale process-engineering themed projects for our key markets, focused on marine based cargo handling systems utilised for the transportation and storage of liquefied gas . End-customers include major worldwide shipyards. You will successfully develop and define the equipment required to safely control and monitor an array of cutting edge industrial systems, processes and machinery that is increasingly operating in a digitally connected world.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A BEng Hons degree in electrical engineering or equivalent is vital.
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (and may need to complete a medical assessment).
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023