The potential impact and use of Digital Engineering are wide reaching and varied. You maybe coordinating multi-discipline design data and clash detecting or emerging the project team within Virtual Reality to review the designs. Setting Digital strategies for a project or looking at implementing Digital Twin and IoT technology for operational and maintenance insights
What you’ll be doing
Over the course of two years, you’ll learn that Digital Engineering covers and assists a wide range of applications and project functions. Applying Digital techniques, utilisation of data and 3D geometry to improve project efficiencies and Information Management. Developing modern and technologically advanced buildings, infrastructure and platforms across nuclear power stations, MoD facilities, equipment, and wider assets.
The possibilities are many and varied. Whatever you work on, you can be sure you’ll be making a real difference.
As a Digital Engineer, you may need to support:
- Digital Strategy and Execution Plan development
- Model and Data Management procedures
- Creating renders, visuals and model animation sequences
- 4D and 5D modelling
- Immersive technologies – Virtual Reality production for design reviews
- Laser scanning production and data processing
- Coordination, health and safety model reviews
- Federated design models
- Clash Detection reporting
- Model quantification
- Digital Handover and Asset data management requirements
- Interfacing with all disciplines to utilise project 3D models and data to provide efficiencies
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A relevant degree, e.g. BSc, or MSc, in an engineering or architectural discipline
- To be able to satisfy MOD and ONR security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
- Excellent communication skills
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023