Electrical and Electronic Engineering is at the core of our design and integration projects at Babcock From fitting-out advanced warship systems ,designing the next generation of Nuclear power plants or providing a safe, reliable and efficient rail network, we provide our customers with better capability, reliability and availability for their critical assets. You’ll spend between two to four years getting involved in anything from defence engineering or rail engineering to complex nuclear projects.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Babcock
Working in a discipline of such fundamental importance means that you could work on anything –you could work on a range of interesting and cutting edge projects across the GroupYou could be on the team designing submarines, refitting warships, helping to build the UK’s next generation of nuclear power plants or leading engineering track projects. .Day-to-day, you could find yourself working on electrical power distribution or electrical control and instrumentation, involving both analogue and digital systems. Our graduates get involved in everything from concept design and AutoCAD layouts to testing, installation, commissioning and handover to clients. You may even find yourself managing projects and leading your own team.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A BEng (Hons) degree in a related subject area (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering) that is accredited by IET is desirable. We also take relevant degrees in the following: engineering, systems, computing or IT disciplines
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may also need to complete a medical assessment).
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- computer sciences and information technology
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023