Our Devonport dockyard is vast and mission-critical, making management of safety, health, environment and fire across both its nuclear and conventional areas vital. Over the course of two years, you will spend time working with a number of specialist departments that span these different areas, using the full breadth of your specialist knowledge to make a real difference.
Health and Safety at Babcock
Working as part of the multi-disciplinary Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Department, you’ll help ensure that our employees have the right working environment, knowledge, procedures and organisational support to do their jobs and comply with the law, local procedures and best practice. You will undertake a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects, such as risk assessment, incident investigation, sharing and learning from events, assessment of employee exposure, project planning and investigating best available techniques – a breadth of experience that few other employers can provide.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A BSc or BEng (Hons) degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or a health and safety-related subject or environmental science subject with a good understanding of chemistry and mathematics
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023