The maintenance of the Royal Navy’s ships and submarines is fundamental to its ability to defend our nation and its interests. On this programme, you will learn how the Facilities Engineering Design team directly supports the maintenance of these critical assets, developing a deep understanding of design and maintenance processes and equipment.
Mechanical Design Engineering at Babcock
You will be working with a team of Engineers in one of the Mechanical & Nuclear Process Group teams, who act as the Technical Authority for all mechanical systems and nuclear processes on the Devonport site, ensuring that the reference designs are maintained and kept up to date.
You may also be involved in nuclear safety implicated design tasks requiring a high degree of technical substantiation. You will learn about different facilities on site and the design and safety due process applied to ensure that all facilities and equipment are safe, fit for purpose and comply with legislation.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A BEng (Hons) degree or a BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant engineering subject
- To be able to satisfy the MoD and our customer’s security requirements (you may also need to complete a medical assessment)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023