Naval Architecture comes in one size: big. And big means rewarding. You could be tackling some of the most complex engineering challenges today, from designing advanced fast patrol vessels to getting involved in technical ship science. Over the course of two years, you’ll experience the full breadth and complexity of our work through a number of placements.
Naval Architecture at Babcock
The activities in this area are many and varied. You might be helping us design a variety of cutting-edge floating vessels and structures, or investigating the finer points of resistance, propulsion and access or you may be involved in fire safety and escape evacuation. What’s certain is that you’ll work with – and learn from – some of the most respected naval architects in the world. You’ll learn how to analyse and design various aspects of floating vessels and structures (including hull form, arrangement, stability, structures, resistance, propulsion and access). In the process, you’ll make a real contribution to projects too. Previous graduates here have worked on everything from naval ships, in service or decommissioning submarines to small boats, and commercial vessels and platforms. They have helped us develop unmanned surface vessel support solutions and even been involved in next generation submarine pre-concept engineering.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A BEng (Hons) degree accredited by RINA/IMarEST is desirable
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023