Start with the microscopic detail and work your way up. That’s what our process engineers do. Join them and you’ll help us develop robust, innovative solutions to extraordinary challenges. Over the two year programme, you’ll work with cutting-edge technology and build your experience in anything from submarine and commercial marine projects to next-generation construction projects including ship based cargo handling systems for the transportation and storage of liquified gas.
Process Engineering at Babcock
There’s so much you could potentially do at Babcock . You might find yourself working on submarine projects or commercial marine programmes. Equally, you might help decommission old nuclear power plants or create new ones. You may also be addressing the increasing importance of lower global emissions as Babcock develops solutions specifically targeted at assisting ship owners and operators reduce their environmental footprint. What’s certain is that you’ll immerse yourself in cutting-edge technologies and gain the experiences needed to develop a specialism in this technical discipline.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- An MEng degree in chemical engineering (or similar)
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
Accepted degree subjects
- chemical engineering
Additional job details
- UK wide
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023