Do you know how many parts go into a submarine, aircraft carrier, tank or nuclear power plant? Whether designing, building, operating, managing or maintaining vital assets, one thing is certain: procurement and supply chain management lies at the heart of our operations and plays a pivotal role in our business success.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management at Babcock
Joining our Procurement and Supply Chain Management team presents you with a great opportunity to embark on an immensely varied career. You’ll learn about how we make build vs buy decisions, design supply chains, provide sourcing expertise and leverage third-party relationships to maximise value and support business growth. The members of our teams often say that there is no typical day in the life of a Procurement and Supply Chain professional. We touch every kind of project, so you might find yourself doing in-depth spend reviews, building sourcing strategies, supporting supplier innovation days, identifying value chain opportunities, conducting supplier performance reviews or supporting bids teams.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and demonstrable interest in procurement or supply chain
- Be an ambitious self-starter who enjoys the challenges of a fast-paced and complex environment
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to drive change and results and a clear potential for inspiring others
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023