Discover the fascinating world of submarine engineering on our Project Control/Scheduler Engineering Apprenticeship. On this 4-year programme, you’ll gain skills in project control and scheduling as you deliver submarine maintenance projects for the Ministry of Defence.
About the programme
At HM Naval Base Clyde, Babcock stands as the Ministry of Defence’s commercial partner. We’re entrusted with providing highly specialist engineering support services including the management of critical infrastructure and nuclear facilities.
Stepping into the role of a Project Planner/Scheduler with us means taking on a role that's far from ordinary. It’s an exciting remit where you’ll be developing, managing, and owning the project schedule to assist the delivery of UK submarine maintenance projects within the required safety standards, time, cost, and quality targets.Day to day you’ll:
- Provide support to deliver projects within Fleet Programmes
- Provide resource and cost-loaded schedules, taking inputs from project estimators
- Contribute to the integrated Business Planning Process
- Assist with quantitative schedule risk analysis to guide the project/programme bid process
- Conduct resource analysis to pinpoint resource conflicts, over allocations, and identify opportunities or corrective actions
- Regularly update the schedule network in accordance with reporting requirements.
By the end of this apprenticeship, you'll be a well-rounded professional with a deep understanding of the workings of engineering projects. With the skills and knowledge you'll gain, you'll be perfectly positioned to take on more advanced roles and help shape the future of engineering.
What you’ll need
- Maths, English, and a Science or Technical subject at National 5 or equivalent.
- Two other subjects at National 4 or National 5 or above.
Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- Fully funded qualification
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Throughout the programme, you'll complement your practical learning with studying at West College Scotland. Here you'll achieve an SVQ 2 in Performing Engineering Operations at SCQF Level 5, a National Certificate in Electrical Engineering at SCQF Level 6, and an SVQ 3 in Engineering Technical Support (Technical Services) at SCQF Level 6.
Additional job details
- Scotland · Clyde
We offer a competitive apprentice starting salary and benefits, this varies between £12,000 to £22,000 per annum, dependant on the apprenticeship level, discipline and location. You can find the specific salary on the individual job posting.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 March 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 March 2024