Getting things to happen how they should, when they should, and within budget is both a science and an art. On this programme, you’ll learn exactly how it’s done. The programme lasts two years) and will empower you to meet the Association for Project Management (APM) framework and work towards project management chartership. Over the course of the programme you will be developed through placements on real projects, assignments, formal qualifications, and you will receive mentoring from some of the top project professionals in the engineering sector.
Project Management at Babcock
Expect to work on every kind of project across our organisation – from design to construction, in-service support and maintenance and capability enhancement projects. Whatever the task at hand, risks need to be identified and managed, stakeholder requirements satisfied, and the whole assignment planned and delivered on time and to budget. Along the way, you’ll develop strong relationships with a range of colleagues in areas such as: engineering, commercial, financial and procurement functions. That’s because watching our finances is as important as watching the clock when delivering a project. With that professional network behind you, you’ll have everything you need to tackle anything that comes your way.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
- To have strong numeracy, literacy, and communication skills.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023