The team provides a range of radiation protection services to a wide range of clients, advising on and assisting with regulatory compliance and implementation of effective radiological safety programmes. This is achieved through consultations with clients, risk assessment and the preparation of persuasive and authoritative reports.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working with experienced Radiation Protection Consultants and Radiation Protection Advisers to give advice and guidance about the possible hazards of ionising radiation in a wide range of operational and decommissioning applications. This can include advising the company and their customers about legal requirements and making recommendations for design improvements.
The possibilities are many and varied. Whatever you work on, you can be sure you’ll be making a real difference.
As a radiation protection practitioner, you may need to support:
- compliance with radiation safety regulations
- drafting and implementation of radiation protection policies and procedures
- development and review radiation protection systems
- liaison with management and the workforce (including plant managers, designers and engineers) on matters of radiation safety and legislation
- assessment of radiation risks in the workplace and advice on the design of plant, equipment and waste disposal to ensure safety
- assessment of the impact of releasing radioactive material on the environment
- advice on the safe transport of radioactive materials
- visit companies to provide radiation protection consultancy and write reports based on these visits
- liaison with regulators and other bodies
- identification of training needs.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A relevant scientific degree, e.g. BSc, or MSc, in a relevant science
- Any kind of postgraduate qualification in this area, such as an MSc or PG (Dip) in Radiological Protection, would be very useful
- To be able to satisfy MOD and ONR security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
- Excellent communication skills
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023