A lot of lives depend on the systems we maintain and deliver. So, we need to make sure they are safe, even if something goes wrong. On this programme, you’ll learn about how to identify, analyse and safeguard against hazards, failures and faults. In the process, you’ll develop your understanding of everything from production and manufacturing to project management, design and safety.
Safety Engineering at Babcock
The aim of this programme is to give you a broad education in all areas of safety engineering that will enable you to choose a specialism at the end of the programme. This will involve placements at several of our sites and projects, and training with safety case authors, human factors consultants and engineers of all disciplines. There will also be opportunities to work with other specialists, such as environmental management. Your work will support the safe construction, operation and decommissioning of nuclear facilities and Royal Navy submarines.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- You’ll need to be degree educated in a STEM discipline.
- To be able to satisfy the MoD and our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023