Scientific analytical support is crucial to our business at Plymouth, Devonport. We need innovative ideas to help improve our output along with accuracy, which is essential for product, personnel and public safety. This programme will provide a unique opportunity to engage with many areas of the site, and will include learning about both radiological and environmental perspectives.
Science and Analytical Chemistry at Babcock
The business is very diverse. It requires analytical services and scientific knowledge covering a greater scope than that of many other businesses. You will become part of an enthusiastic and diverse team, building relationships with and supporting our civilian and naval customers at all levels.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A BSc (Hons) degree in a science subject and a passion to support the customer and your peers
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023