We ensure our clients’ systems remain reliable, work well when their partner systems change and run effectively without any problems. Over two to four years, you could get involved in everything from decommissioning and waste management through to plant operations, safeguards and land characterisation.
Systems Engineering at Babcock
When you’re anticipating what might happen as a system develops, you need to look at the big picture and zoom in on the tiny details. And when you’re dealing with complex systems such as submarines or nuclear instrumentation, that’s quite an undertaking. You’ll work alongside experienced design, software, mechanical and electrical engineering teams as well as with physicists and managers, applying your systems thinking and understanding of the interaction and interfaces between electrical, mechanical, nuclear processes and structural engineering systems. You’ll develop critical instruments from initial requirements through to design, testing and commissioning. Along the way, you may help specify the test and commissioning processes for new and modified designs to support the Navy’s most critical ships and submarines.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A BEng/BSc (Hons) degree, ideally accredited by the IET and IMechE
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023