Helping our clients to manage their radioactive and hazardous wastes properly will reduce the potential for adverse effects on the world around, remove significant hazards for plant and animal life, and prevent potential for harm to human health. Over the course of two years, your work here will have a real impact on making our world safer both for now and for future generations to come. You’ll see how through applying strategic thinking to multi-disciplinary projects at the outset, can result in innovative solutions to waste prevention and treatment, rather than waste disposal being considered a problem to be managed at the end.
What you’ll be doing
You will be a key team member on every placement. You might be working with teams to spot opportunities for organising and streamlining resources through a logical approach to process management. Or you may be involved with the assessment of options for waste treatment and disposal from nuclear decommissioning projects, which may involve discussions with a range of stakeholders to optimise solutions or develop mitigations for implementation. Or you may be looking at environmental enhancement projects to improve the areas around client sites. The possibilities are many and varied. Whatever you work on, you can be sure you’ll be making a real difference. We’ll support you, with your own mentor, as you work to become a Chartered Environmentalist or Chartered Scientist.
What you'll get
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career
What we are looking for
- A 2:1 BSc (Hons) degree in either environmental science / studies or chemistry (or related subjects).
- You’ll also need to satisfy the MOD’s security requirements (and may need to complete a medical assessment
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
depending on location, role and qualifications
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023