Supply chain management is the management of the flow of goods and services and includes all processes that transform raw materials into final products. It involves the active streamlining of a business’s supply-side activities to maximize customer value and gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Working within the Logistic Supply Chain (LSC) to provide the optimum availability of inventory and hence ensuring the right asset is in the right place at the right time.
Key elements include:
- Inventory forecasting and planning: Forecasting demand and optimising the planning and scheduling of inventory so that supply is matched economically to demand
- Demand management: The satisfactory completion of demands, by understanding and influencing the initial demand and fulfilling that demand in a timely manner
- Order book management: The satisfactory completion of customer orders, through timely completion of order administration activities and request for quotations. The delivery of orders to schedule through the management of functional, supplier and 3PL activities.
- Physical logistics: Defining, operating and optimising the physical supply chain, including packaging, handling, storage and distribution of materiel, whilst balancing technical requirements, cost and service performance
General areas of responsibility:
- Performance indicators – Ensure the effective provision of activities by meeting delivery targets and reporting on any impact on continuing airworthiness, operational/process performance. Understand how individual actions contribute to overall delivery performance
- Completion of activities – Ensure all activities are appropriately documented and airworthiness records are maintained on relevant systems (IT / paper based). Compile required reporting, identify any issues and escalate as appropriate
- Procedure/standards – Comply with the MAI CAME, its associated procedures and standards, and any other AM&S or company procedures and standards, as applicable. Identify and propose changes, as required
- Safety management system – Ensure human factors and error management philosophies are applied to all activities Understand the risks associated with LSC and the means by which they are mitigated and managed
- Management system assurance – Ensure activities are compliant with the AM&S governance and assurance framework, including supporting process confirmations and independent assurance audits. Support the response to audit findings in a timely and appropriate manner and provide information into the relevant reviews. Support the implementation of identified improvements to overcome any non-compliance and monitor effectiveness
- Statutory / regulatory and legislative requirements – Able to demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding and application of the relevant continuing airworthiness regulatory framework. Support the implementation of any Regulatory-driven changes into LSC activities. Ensure compliance with all other requirements, e.g. ITAR, EaPW, ISO, etc.
- Contractual requirements – Ensure compliance with applicable contractual requirements, e.g. through support to contract reviews and the incorporation of required changes into the LSC processes
Key areas of responsibility specific to capability:
- Recognise, forecast and influence demand for goods and services in support of contract delivery. The economic sourcing and optimisation of inventory ensuring that supply is matched economically to demand whilst achieving contracted levels of service
- Managing the satisfactory completion of demands, by understanding and influencing the initial demand and fulfilling that demand in a timely manner, by exhausting all authorised sources of supply. The correct assignment and priority allocation to demands ensuring that the right asset is in the right place at the right time. The presentation of planned maintenance material requirements in an appropriate format i.e. DLF, Kit Sets. to the maintenance task and to the schedule
- The administration and management of business processes related to customer orders for goods and services. The management of product supply from suppliers, including the oversight of receipting and delivery processes, ensuring that delivery profiles are aligned to customer requirements
- The definition, operating and optimisation of packaging, handling, storage and distribution of material on behalf of contract delivery. The adherence to regulatory requirements and the balancing of technical requirements, cost and service performance
- Research problems and issues, gathering information from a range of sources. Producing reports and documents to communicate understanding of the problem in applicable circumstances, to the relevant stakeholders
- Enhance extant processes through the use of best in class market practices and the exploitation of technologies
We believe in investing in our people and inspiring continual innovation in our business. Developing and using the latest technology to compete with the world’s best is at the heart of what we do.
Providing world-class training, support and development to our people means we inspire the very best talent to achieve great things.
Starting: January 2020.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering excellence and supporting some of the world’s most significant aerospace organisations
Security/ export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation..
You’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 bachelor’s degree in either supply chain management/logistics or a business related subject with a supply chain/logistics bias.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 October 2019