As an Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join a large team of highly qualified electrical engineers. You will contribute to supporting the ongoing design, validation, test and verification for a number of critical submarine electrical systems.
What you will be doing
- You will be responsible for delivering specific electrical engineering activities, benefits and improvements to the submarine build programme.
- You will have the opportunity to experience and develop during placements in a number of roles within the electrical discipline, from power engineering, to control and instrumentation and also electrical and electronic communications.
- As an electrical engineer you will turn ideas into products. You will be involved in the design, development and testing of complex electrical systems and equipment.
- You will also be provided with the opportunity to experience a broad range of complex equipment and systems at different stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Placements will be structured and tailored to provide exposure to the different career paths within electrical engineering.
Security / export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
If you want to be part of our future working in partnership with the Royal Navy, then a career in Maritime Services awaits you.
What we are looking for
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject for our graduate scheme or be on course to achieving a 2:2 for our undergraduate schemes. In addition, you must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 September 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment