Our Electronic Engineers design and develop analogue and digital electronics, VHDL and embedded/low level software for a wide range of electronic systems. We expect you to take responsibility and tackle a number of different development tasks in different disciplines. Working under guidance from our expert engineers you could implement complex signal processing algorithms in VHDL, debug the RF chain on a software radio, and develop embedded software to run on low power microcontrollers or develop ruggedised devices for challenging environments.
You will work as a part of a project team, alongside skilled and experienced individuals who are motivated to train and coach you on the day-to-day skills required to work closely with our customers, both internal and external. You will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by engineering professionals and apply them in a controlled environment to ensure projects are delivered on time, to quality and to budget.
As an Electronic Engineer, day to day tasks could include:
- Contributing to the full engineering lifecycle, from working with clients through to every aspect of hardware design and manufacture
- Implementing complex signal processing algorithms in VHDL
- Designing switch mode power supplies, working on low power embedded systems, developing ruggedized devices for challenging environments
- Assisting colleagues to pitch new ideas to clients
- Managing multiple assignments independently, with support from colleagues
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis
What to expect on the Programme
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence is a fast paced and agile business. The more you put into your role the more you will get out, building lasting professional relationships. You may get the opportunity to work with clients early on in your time with us which will require you to think on your feet and quickly get up to speed with our products and services.
Projects will vary depending on; business needs, your skills and your future aspirational field of expertise. You will not always be working on a project of your choice; however every piece of work will provide you with a valuable breadth of experience within our business and that of our clients.
You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be provided with a Career Mentor, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. It is not all work and no play, the Future Talent community regularly run social events and activities for all to get involved with.
Our mission is to provide Future Talent learners with meaningful experience that they can utilise and apply to their degree, when returning to University after their Industry Placement. We will look to offer returning positions to those who evidence strong performance.
Start date : June 2021
What we are looking for
Eligible to achieve a Government Security Clearance
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- The aptitude for solving complex/technical problems
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
On track to achieve/ already achieved a 2:2 or above, in a science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM) subject
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- aerospace engineering
- engineering management
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 December 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment