As a Graduate Fuze Engineer, you will be responsible for technical aspects of your respective programmes covering both new product development, evolution of existing products and supporting the manufacture of in-service products. You will apply scientific principles and logical reasoning to generate and evaluate technical information to identify engineering solutions. The projects you will be involved in cover all phases of a product’s lifecycle; concepts, development, risk reduction, testing, qualification, production and in service support. You will work with a team of engineers to deliver a variety of project goals, depending on project size and complexity.
- Applying key mechatronic engineering principles to develop and maintain new artillery Fuze products.
- Conducting and managing product and process design, development, test and evaluation activities for ammunition products
- Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner, from planning through trials execution to reporting and presenting conclusions
- Preparing technical documentation, including reports, procurement specifications and requirement specifications
- Conducting and supporting technical investigations
- Developing and using safe systems of work in a development and production environment
- Working with suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that technical and quality requirements are achieved for manufactured items to time and schedule
- Developing inspection and quality controls for components and assembled products
- Contributing to technical, design and project reviews where required
- Contributing to the Risk Management process
Security and Export Control
Working with us
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 September 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11 September 2022