Would you like an exciting and diverse engineering role within our Site & Facilities Engineering department? We currently an opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join the Technical Authority team, at our submarines site in Barrow-In-Furness.
The Technical Authority is split across 3 distinct disciplines of site civil and structures, site electrical and site mechanical. As a Graduate Civil Engineer, you will work within the Site Civil and Structures team, which is responsible for providing technical assurance and governance that engineering designs for site and facilities equipment and installations comply with relevant engineering standards and statutory regulations, whilst also helping to maintain and manage the civil and structural infrastructure across site.
This post will provide exposure to a range of engineering projects, stakeholders, departments and external contractors.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
- Assisting in the production of technical reports, specifications and Statement of Requirements documents relevant to site assets and infrastructure.
- Providing advice to other disciplines, maintainers and site committees on technical issues and requirements to meet nuclear, HS&E and other relevant legislation.
- Reviewing design proposals, method statements and risk assessments for both new assets and for major modifications.
- Undertaking site surveys of reported defects and assisting in the detailed inspections of site civil and structures assets and infrastructure, (e.g. buildings, façades, retaining wall structures etc.).
- Ensuring that the Site Civil and Structures working index is managed and maintained on a regular basis.
- Providing technical support and escalating issues (as required), to the Senior Engineering Manager and Principal Civil Engineer lead.
What we have on offer for you
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment