The Data Consultant is part of our Data & Digital Professional Community. Data Consultants develop a range of skills and experience related to the Data Scientist, Data Engineer and Data Analyst roles, supporting their professional development towards selecting one of those roles as their preferred career path while contributing to data projects in their own right.
Data Consultants typically operate in roles teamed with other data specialists, supporting the team and the client in a variety of projects which develop data capability, insights and solutions to realise business outcomes. The role is varied, involving participation in a variety of projects and roles in support of personal development and identification of career path aspirations. As a Data Consultant, you might:
- Participate in client engagements to elicit and document their vision, aims and / or requirements for the development of data capability, insights or solutions.
- Undertake data analysis to reveal insights from datasets, either as an end in itself, or to inform other project tasks.
- Support the investigation and documentation of data assets in the client estate to inform decisions to change and improve the data landscape.
- Develop units within wider data solutions such as ETL pipelines.
- Prepare and present materials to communicate data insights, including creation of data visualisations.
What to expect on the Programme
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence is a fast paced and agile business. The more you put into your role the more you will get out, building lasting professional relationships. You will get the opportunity to work with clients early on in your time with us which will require you to think on your feet and quickly get up to speed with our products and services.
Projects will vary depending on; business needs, your skills and your future aspirational field of expertise. You will not always be working on a project of your choice; however every piece of work will provide you with a valuable breadth of experience within our business and that of our clients.
You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be provided with a Career Mentor, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. It is not all work and no play, the Future Talent community regularly run social events and activities for all to get involved with.
Please note, as a Graduate Consultant, you may be required to work on client sites, which are away from your base location - this can be for an extended period of time. In this instance, all travel and expenses costs will be covered. If you have concerns about this; please speak to your recruitment contact.
What we are looking for
Eligible to achieve a Government Security Clearance
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
On track to achieve/ already achieved a 2:2 or above
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment