As a Graduate Infrastructure Engineer, you will work as a part of a project team, alongside skilled and experienced individuals who are motivated to train and coach you on the day-to-day skills required to work closely with our customers, both internal and external. You will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by engineering professionals and apply them in a controlled environment to ensure projects are delivered on time, to quality and to budget. Graduate Engineers will support their team to ensure that engineering practices are followed on all aspects of project definition and delivery.
You will be part of our Future Talent community which organises training, networking and social events to get involved with. We will support you with a Career Manager who will guide you through your career as it develops and we will encourage you to get involved in engineering outreach activities to inspire future generations of engineers.
Key responsibilities of an Infrastructure Engineer include
- Understanding requirements and looking to design requirements to meet them, covering disciplines such as:
- Hardware platforms
- Hardware and application health monitoring
- Hardware and application logging
- Writing technical reports
- Assisting in the design and implementation of automated tests for system integration testing and regression testing.
- Assisting with and helping to ensure automated test script source code is sufficiently annotated to allow acceptance documentation to be automatically generated
- Working with test teams to ensure full coverage of acceptance tests at an early stage in the project lifecycle.
- Contributing to the writing of instructions to configure and deploy devices and applications in different environments.
What’s in it for you?
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You are welcome to join any/all of our diversity and support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
What we are looking for
- A highly motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to approach a problem in a hands-on, practical manner;
- Excellent team working abilities;
- Quickly to learn and apply new technologies;
- Someone who can think on their feet.
- Network security and engineering, protocols (TCP/IP)
- VMware ESXi/vCenter/vSphere
- Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Microsoft, O365, SharePoint, Server 2019, Win 10.
- Microsoft Office – specifically Microsoft Excel – Lookups, pivot tables
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- The aptitude for solving complex/technical problems
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
On track to achieve/ already achieved a 2:2 or above in a science, technology, engineering or maths subject
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
rising to £35,000 over the course of the programme
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment