As a Graduate Data Scientist, your role will be to create value from data, ensuring the highest data quality, to support the submarine build process. You will extract information from various sources and analyse it for better understanding about how the submarines business performs, and to build BI tools that automate certain processes.
You will transform data into information using algorithms and machine learning. You will take on projects to meet a particular customer or business need and present their results using clear and engaging language.Your expected duties will include creating various machine learning-based tools or processes, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems. You will also perform some statistical analysis.
What you will be doing: (Role duties and responsibilities)
- Work closely with the wider business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider Submarines organisation
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Conduct research from which you’ll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across all functions in the Submarines organisation
- Use algorithms to solve problems
Security/ Export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
What we are looking for
You must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 bachelor’s degree in a computer science related degree.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment