As an Information Systems Project Management Graduate, your role will be to support or engage in the project lifecycle undertaking basic stakeholder management, project delivery and financial controls in accordance with current business requirements. This will be done in line with the relevant processes and quality requirements of the Information Management & Technology function (IM&T). IM&T as a function delivers technology which enables the submarine build process and supports employees in completing all aspects of their role.
You will take responsibility for ensuring that we deliver on our customer commitments at the right time, at the right cost and to the best possible quality. Your work will give you the breadth of experience to succeed and tasks could include controlling budgets and expenditure, covering the governance of change within projects, resourcing, fulfilling contractual requirements or interfacing with our customers. You’ll also review performance, analyse risks and take decisions to optimise project success.
What you will be doing: (Role duties and responsibilities)
- Delivery and coordination of IM&T projects aligning to the IM&T preferred methodology
- Development of project definitions and support the development of project plans using IM&T project tools
- Understand business benefits and justification in order to obtain authorisation for project
- Gather data, update project plans and generate project progress reports to support the program review meetings
- Basic financial reporting
- Identify, expedite and support the resolution of problems to respond to risks, issues and deviations on the project
- Ensure project deliverables are accepted into IM&T support
- Management of internal and external stakeholders
Security/ Export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
What we are looking for
You must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 bachelor’s degree in either a business related or computer science related degree.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment