We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre graduates with a background in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering. We are interested in your potential, not necessarily the skills and knowledge you have today; we will provide appropriate training and support to help you acquire the specific technical skills and domain knowledge you need for a career at BAE Systems.
About the role
Graduates will join one of our research and development teams who design state-of-the art software defined radio systems for our customers.
In this role you will develop skills in digital signal processing, software development (C/C++), and FPGA development (VHDL). You will also gain in depth knowledge of a wide variety of Wireless communication systems and standards.
You will be provided with structured training and development to support you to develop your skills. The training will be a mix of courses and on the job learning and will be tailored depending on your background and how much relevant experience you already have.
You will also be part of the BAE Applied Intelligence Future Talent community, which organises training, networking and social events to get involved with. We will also support you with a career mentor who will guide you through your career as it develops, and we will encourage you to work towards professional registration and get involved in STEM outreach activities with schools and universities to inspire future generations.
Reward and benefits
- £30k starting salary, with performance related uplifts
- Training programme with subject matter experts
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
Successful candidates for this role will be required to go through UK Government security clearance prior to starting with us.
Applicants will be expected to be medically fit as deemed necessary to perform the role and be eligible to work in the UK.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated with a strong academic track record in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics;
- An aptitude for problem-solving and expanding knowledge;
- Broad interest in science and technology;
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a changing and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent team working and ability to contribute as part of a diverse team
- Ability to learn quickly and sometimes working to challenging deadlines
- Eligible to obtain a UK Government security clearance
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Our assessment process involves an online application followed by an assessment day later in 2019. The start date for this role will be January 2020.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment