Work in a holistic, multi-disciplinary role, focusing on the bigger picture and bridging the gaps between disciplines. Throughout the different stages of a product lifecycle, you'll take the lead in systems integration and testing, qualification and acceptance. As well as the technical aspects of projects, you'll also learn to consider important factors such as schedules, costs, training and environmental concerns.
Under technical supervision, provide Systems Engineering services to Product & Training Services projects, bids and improvement initiatives as directed by the Systems Engineering Discipline Lead.
This may include:
- Supporting the development of strategies to ensure that systems are designed and integrated so that they fully satisfy the customer and business needs/requirements
- Capturing and analysing requirements in order to understand the customer/business needs and the context in which the system will be used
- Supporting the design and optimisation of system architectures and solutions using system modelling techniques
- Facilitating successful integration of systems and sub-systems
- Identifying and managing interfaces and dependencies
- Identifying and mitigating failure modes
- Determining the emergent properties of a system to support trade-offs, optimisation, risk reduction and testing
- Defining the verification and validation approach in order to achieve certification and acceptance of the system
- Supporting the identification of safety hazards and the assessment and mitigation of safety risk
- Providing systems engineering support to project and functional teams
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner delivering systems engineering tasks to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project milestones
- Drafting technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that information can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Maintain accurate records of all work in accordance with relevant extant procedures
- Liaise with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required
- Liaise with Supply Chain, Operations, Test & Commissioning, ILS and other internal functions as required.
- Continually develop your systems capabilities to ensure knowledge and skills keep pace with best practice
- Articulate and present arguments clearly, logically and simply
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in systems engineering, other engineering subject; computing, computer science or IT networks related subject, maths, physics. Other STEM considered
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Broad Oak Works
- Weymouth · You could be based from either of these sites, your preference will be discussed during the interview.
plus a £2k joining bonus
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023