With a strong understanding of best practices and methodologies, UX Consultants are the primary end-user advocates who produce online experiences that engage even the most discerning audiences. They are research and data enthusiasts who consume large amounts of information and distil it into simple yet engaging and useful digital products and services to serve a wide variety of online experiences.
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence is a fast paced and agile business. The more you put into your role the more you will get out, building lasting professional relationships. You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be provided with a Career Mentor, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. It is not all work and no play, the Future Talent community regularly run social events and activities for all to get involved with.
As a Graduate UX Consultant, responsibilities might include:
- Conduct user research and requirements gathering, task and concept modelling, information architecture and UX design, and concept/usability testing.
- Design interactions using an iterative process, based on evidence from deep customer insight, and gathered through interviews, studies, analytics, usability testing and more.
- Create user experience specifications, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design patterns, interactive prototypes and information architecture assets such as site maps, screen flows and navigation models that demonstrate empathy with users.
- Work collaboratively with strategy, business analyst, visual design and technical development teams
- Be a subject matter expert for a user-centred design methodology, contributing to cross-functional teams including software architects, account managers and other designers.
- Communicate design rationale, project progress and proactively contribute to ongoing improvements and enhancements of our methodologies.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of accessibility compliance, SEO, social, personalisation, responsive design, assisted digital, search, ecommerce and online customer service
- Good understanding and use of software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target
- Proficiency in relevant software packages Sketch, Framer, Just in Mind, Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Good general understanding of web technologies
- Eligible for Government SC Clearance
On track to achieve/already achieved a 2:2 or above
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment