- Working as part of a dynamic team safeguarding BAE Systems UK enterprise IT infrastructure against cyber threats by gathering security intelligence and analysing it against the IT environment to ascertain the risk to the business
- Recording all events and ensuring any risks are managed through IT Security Incident Response and where applicable passed into Security Engineering to investigate mitigating controls
What you will be doing
- Ensure the Threat and Intelligence Service is operated in line with agreed service definitions and measures. (Run and Maintain) Mature and expand the Threat and Intelligence Service through process, people and technology where appropriate. (Continuous Improvement)
- Manage and update the Threat and Intelligence Service Dashboard. (Reporting)
- Acting as the subject matter expert for the IT Security Intelligence to the business
- Researching, analysing and interpreting threat intelligence to support; incident response, risk assessments, security strategy and planning activities and underpin business cases for new security capabilities
- Monitor internal sources of Intelligence
- Monitor external sources of Intelligence including: Threat and Vulnerability Databases (CVE, Microsoft, Adobe, etcetera) public sources (Internet sites like Sophos, Kaspersky, Mandiant, Krebs, Etcetera)
- Perform analysis of all threats identified to determine if they are risks to the business
- Where appropriate share Intelligence back to internal and external sources according to the relevant policies and procedures
Security / export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
What we are looking for
You must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
You’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 bachelor’s degree. We are looking for IT cyber security, computing degree, maths with a solid understanding of IT security components. Modules preferred would be: data analysis, forensic computing, security modules and statistics.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 September 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment