The IT Security function within Enterprise IT Services (EITS) is part of our Shared Services business and is a fast-paced growing team that works closely with all parts of our business as well as governments, industry bodies and regulators to ensure our systems and information are protected, and we are compliant with the highest standards. This allows us to continue delivering on our commitments for our customers.
Our team are responsible for delivering operational IT cyber security services across the company in the UK and in some international markets.
Our team assesses cyber and threat risks both internally and externally, ensuring we have the necessary controls and processes in place. They provide threat intelligence by monitoring cyber and insider threats, and managing incidents from our dedicated UK Security Operations Centre. They are motivated by solving complex problems.
Duties and responsibilities will potentially be:
- Support the IT Security Assurance Team in conducing risk assessments, determining critical risk mitigations and assuring them to ensure compliance and control effectiveness;
- Embedded in the IT Security Transformation Programme to deliver the required business outcomes;
- Work with the Insider Threat Team to develop and enhance our Insider Threat monitoring capability;
- Work as part of a dynamic team safeguarding BAE Systems IT infrastructure against cyber security threats;
- Develop and create a Threat Hunting Strategy working with our SOC Analysts.
What we have on offer for you
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Start date : June 2021
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 December 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment