As a Materials Engineer you will be a key member of the Energetics Materials team where you will lead research and production support programmes across a diverse range of materials, liaising with other business functions and ensuring that the highest technical and safety standards are maintained.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
- Reporting all hazards, near misses and accidents.
- Co-operating with investigations where required.
- Extensive execution of project work in support of internal & external customers, either independently or as part of a team. Ensuring the progression and timely completion of nominated projects.
- Supporting business development and bid managers in compiling information in bid preparation phase i.e. material costs and labour requirements.
- An awareness and reporting of technologies that would benefit the business and identifying continuous improvement activities to line management.
- A commitment to continuing professional development of self and any direct reports.
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security / Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in Metallurgy / Materials Science or an equivalent subject, with preference toward metallic materials modules, corrosion and joining.
Accepted degree subjects
- materials science
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 6 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment