Successful applicants will join a multi-disciplinary engineering function providing expertise to support in-service and new ammunition products. The roles are to develop Mechanical and Systems Engineering solutions to support customer requirements.
This diverse role will provide you with the opportunity to engage with all different engineering disciplines, as well as gaining a wealth of experience in this area. There will also be opportunity to engage with many other functions within BAE Systems on a wide range of projects.
- Conducting and managing product and process design, development, test and evaluation activities for Ammunition products
- Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner, from planning through trials execution to reporting and presenting conclusions
- Preparing technical documentation, including reports, procurement specifications and requirement specifications
- Conducting and supporting technical investigations
- Developing and using safe systems of work in a development and production environment
- Working with suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that technical and quality requirements are achieved for manufactured items to time and schedule
- Developing inspection and quality controls for components and assembled products
- Contributing to technical, design and project reviews where required
- Contributing to the Risk Management process
- Interfacing with both internal and external customers
What we have on offer for you!
Security/ Export Control:
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us:
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 September 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11 September 2022