Our Cyber teams deliver the most interesting work you’ve never heard of. We’re the best in our industry and we’re investing heavily to grow to meet the future demands of the UK. We’ve created a course to take great software engineers and security researchers and give them the experience they need to deliver cutting-edge systems and research in an industry where success really matters.
If you have some experience developing software, are driven by learning new things, love playing around with technology and are excited by finding out how things work - then our National Security Cyber Accelerator could be just the challenge for you.
You’ll start with a six month programme of hands-on learning, covering a range of languages, platforms, and technologies that will prepare you to both make things and take things apart. Training will be delivered out of a specialised BAE Systems facility in Gloucestershire – right on the doorstep of the thriving Cyber innovation and tech sector hubs of Bristol and Cheltenham.
We’re looking for people who can pick things up quickly and are keen to either start or make the first move of their career into the exciting world of National Security Cyber. We hope some people who join the Accelerator will already be experienced in parts of the course, but the breadth of what we’re teaching means that there will still be plenty for everyone to learn.
Whilst you progress through the NS Cyber Accelerator we will support you through the UK Security clearance process up to DV level which will allow you to work on our more sensitive (and most interesting!) projects which support the UK Government. To be successful in this role you must be eligible to apply for UK DV clearance.
On completion of the Accelerator you will move into a permanent role where you will help to solve some of our customer’s hardest problems in either Gloucester or London, and trust us – these are not the kinds of problems you’ll get at a hedge fund, a Shoreditch start-up nor even a Silicon Valley tech giant.
We don’t just make software, we make a difference.
Key programme features
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration.
- Work in small teams using Agile methodologies to deliver projects across platforms including Android, Windows and Linux.
- World class technical training in Software Development – Python, C++, and C#.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed.
- Experience of hands-on learning to solve real life challenges.
You’ll be joining a team of Cyber experts in a fast-paced field. These are our values:
- Our mission, experience and approach make us unique.
- We have a supportive, inclusive and friendly environment for everyone to work, learn and succeed.
- We are easy to work with.
- We are customer focused.
- We aim to be the best we can be.
Start date: January 2020.
What we are looking for
We're looking for people with the right attitude and aptitude, not specific languages, tools or qualifications. We want people who love to code. You might have written software in your free time, across a few different platforms/languages. We don’t mind which platforms/languages - it’s the versatility that we’re after. This might even be self-taught or learned in an existing job, it doesn’t need to be from a degree or any formal qualification.
To be successful on this programme, you will need the following:
- Some coding experience,
- a love of technology and the desire to keep learning
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
- Recruiter and hiring manager CV sift
- Telephone conversation with recruiter
- Online assessment
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 November 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment