Gain experience of a whole boat engineering discipline, covering all aspects of design and manufacture, right through to launch, test and commissioning. As well as computer based design work, you'll also be involved in other activities such as computer simulation modelling and physical model tank testing.
As a Naval Architect, you won’t just be involved in the design of vessels but will be able to get involved with aspects of manufacture through to launch, test and commissioning.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
Naval architecture is a whole boat engineering discipline. This means that as a Naval Architect you’ll not only be involved in the design of vessels, but also all aspects of manufacture right through to launch, test and commission. In the case of our businesses, you’ll work to ensure that our surface ships and submarines do what they should do. A large part of the work involves computer based design. However, you’ll also get extensively involved in other activities too – such as computer simulation modelling and physical model tank testing.
What we have on offer for you
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our placements will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you`ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 in your Bachelor’s degree ideally in one of the following subjects:
- (Newcastle) marine technology, with hons in naval architecture, small craft technology, offshore engineering, or possibly marine engineering depending on the module selection.
- (Strathclyde) naval achitecture and marine engineering, naval architecture with high performance vehicles, or naval architecture with ocean engineering.
- (Southampton) ship science, with hons in naval architecture, offshore engineering, naval engineering, or yacht and small craft.
- (UCL) naval architecture
- Aeronautical or aerospace degree if willing to convert to Naval Arch.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment