- Support in the development of department processes
- Produce appropriate department documentation
- Responsible for liaising with planning and other technical departments
- Responsible for developing innovative process solutions
- Develop and mentor new employees and team members
- Responsible for identifying own development opportunities
- Understand, develop and implement greater customer and external relations
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the quality and HS&E management system documentation, eg process instructions, workmanship standards, risk assessments etc, applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures
What you will be doing
Undertaking various placements within the operations function to fully understand the product and the environment. To work alongside the trade individuals in the building and commission of the submarine. Running with various projects and looking at how we can improve our current processes. Developing and building realationships.
Security / export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Overview of business unit
All roles within Maritime - Submarines are restricted to British citizens who do not hold dual nationality.
Unfortunately, if you do not meet these criteria it will not be possible to take your application any further. This does not, however, exclude you from working for other parts of the BAE Systems organisation and further information regarding potential roles can be found here.
Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
Today we are the prime contractor in the Astute programme and the UK’s only designer and builder of nuclear powered submarines – one of the world’s most complex engineering challenges. The first three submarines in the class, HMS Astute, HMS Ambush and HMS Artful, are now in service with the Royal Navy and the final four Astute class submarines are at various stages of construction at the Barrow site.
We are also the industrial lead for the Dreadnought programme, the Royal Navy’s next generation of nuclear deterrent submarines. Construction of the first of four submarines, named Dreadnought, began last year.
Our Submarines business employs approximately 8,700 people and in 2017 we spent around £700m with over 700 suppliers.
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking to succeed and develop others. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a high desire to excel on the Operations Graduate development scheme.
You’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 bachelor’s degree in any STEM or business subject.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 July 2019