Within the operations, manufacturing and production you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing and construction teams to deliver to the best of their ability, helping to produce our cutting edge products in the most effective way, delivering to our customer at the highest quality, at the right time, within cost.
Your enthusiasm will be put to good use, implementing the changes necessary to maintain the businesses reputation as a world class manufacturer.
You will complete a number of individual placements of your choice within the manufacturing engineering team, which will give you a deep understanding of this essential discipline, projects could be:
- Implement process improvements alongside the shop floor teams through root cause analysis and other lean manufacturing techniques
- Developing facility layouts to maximise efficiency
- Working with technical authors to write workmanship standards, process instructions etc.
- Employing visual management
The Operations function is responsible for taking the designs, raw materials and plans and making our products a reality. When cost, safety and quality are all paramount, this can be quite a challenge.
Operations is one of the largest functions within BAE Systems and covers all aspects of manufacturing, construction and integration. As an
Operations graduate you will be able to get involved at all levels of the business, from solving manufacturing problems on the shop floor, through to working on facility strategies or managing your own improvement projects. It is an exciting and diverse function, and so are the opportunities.
Apply your talent where it counts.
Rewards and benefits
We expect exceptional things of our Industrial Placements. In return, you can expect a generous salary with a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ holiday and flexible leave arrangements, shares scheme, senior mentoring, and product and service discounts.
- £18,000 for business, finance and engineering
- £19,500 to £21,500 for cyber security roles within Applied Intelligence Future Talent
- Conditional offer to join BAE Systems as a graduate and further your career (subject to performance and availability of suitable roles) without the need to reapply.
What we are looking for
To join our Business or Engineering Industrial Placement schemes you must be on course for at least a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a related subject.
For finance placements you must be on course for at least a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a related subject and also have 112 UCAS points (as per the 2017 UCAS tariff) or equivalent, excluding general studies.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/01/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Glasgow · Rochester|
£18,000 - £21,500