As a Process Engineer you will develop manufacturing processes from concept through to commissioning trials and qualification. You will see product development over the whole of the product lifecycle.
This role is wide-ranging and has both practical and theoretical elements. You will often be viewed as a multi-disciplined engineer, with knowledge of materials science, mechanical engineering and production techniques.
You will ensure that new processes are proven capable of meeting design tolerances, with high production yield at the volume manufacture stage.
- Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
- Working closely within an integrated Process and Product Development team
- Planning and subsequent delivery of Process Engineering tasks
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the design process and implementation of new technologies
- Taking the opportunity to lead in continuous improvement projects
- Planning, carrying out and reporting results from process development trials
- Compiling technical data to support design approval
- Alongside experienced engineers, specifying and qualifying new equipment used to manufacture munitions products
- Ensuring there is a detailed Safe System of Work in place for the new processes you develop. This will include carrying out detailed risk assessments
- Gaining knowledge and experience from supporting the Manufacturing Team in resolving any issues that may arise
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
What we have on offer for you
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2:2 in your bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 September 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment