As an engineer working in this area you will have the opportunity to develop skills across two product related disciplines - product software and security.
This role involves work across all areas of engineering and will provide you with excellent development opportunities. In this role you will be embarking upon a career which is intellectually demanding, stimulating and challenging, a career which will equip you with highly sought after expertise and a career which is ample with opportunities.
What you will be doing
- As an engineer working in this area, you will take the lead in supporting the business in managing software and product security aspects of a number of specific systems through design, manufacture, integration and test. You will provide expert support to both internal and external organisations, ensuring that system requirements related to these disciplines are met.
- In the software role you will work towards ensuring that software embedded within a range of systems is adequately managed and understood. The scope of embedded software covers control and instrumentation, complex programmable hardware, IT and communication systems and high integrity real time systems. Note that this role does not include the development (writing) of software code.
- In the product security role you will work towards ensuring that our products within the submarines business are as secure as possible and developed with an understanding of modern product security best practice within a team of experienced professionals. You will consider aspects of complex designs in terms of cyber and physical security.
- As well as the technical aspects of the projects, you will also be expected to gain additional skills in areas such as verbal and non-verbal communication, schedules, and costs and progress reporting.
- Graduates will also be provided with the opportunity to experience a broad range of complex equipment and systems at different stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Placements will be structured and tailored to provide exposure to the different career paths within engineering.
- You will also be actively seeking an appropriate level of status with a recognised professional body.
We expect great things of our graduates. In return, you can expect a generous salary with a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ annual holiday with flexible leave arrangements, senior mentoring, and product and service discounts.
- £2,000 welcome payment
- 20% optional salary advance
- Car lease and share schemes
What we are looking for
We’ll look for you to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and have the flexibility and resilience to thrive at BAE Systems.
To join us on the GDF you must have a minimum of a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a subject related to your chosen area of work. Please refer to each role profile for specific details of preferred degrees.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details