To carry out a range of activities to support the project management processes, help in delivering all activities and products to the agreed schedule/plan at budgeted cost and satisfying the company quality requirements.
What you will be doing
- Process project-related documents and data in accordance with procedures and produce output reports, typically to pre-defined formats and within regular business cycles
- Collect, collate, summarise and input information or data, carry out pre-defined analyses, and provide to others for use in decision-making
- Provide assistance to ensuring that project-related records in assigned areas are complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Assist in monitoring project progress and identify emerging issues and trend
- Handle straightforward problems or situations and refer more difficult or non-standard issues to roles at higher levels, ensuring resolution as quickly as possible
- Prioritise own workload in order to meet deadlines without compromising quality standards, and check own work for accuracy and completeness
- Use computerised systems to collect, summarise, analyse, input or extract data, maintaining own capabilities in use of software or programs, and ensure data is safely recorded and stored
- Document and record management
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the quality and HS&E management system documentation e.g. process instructions, workmanship standards, risk assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures
Start dates: 27 January 2020 and 15 June 2020.
What we are looking for
You must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
All roles within maritime - submarines are restricted to British citizens who do not hold dual nationality. Unfortunately, if you do not meet these criteria it will not be possible to take your application any further. This does not, however, exclude you from working for other parts of the BAE Systems organisation and further information regarding potential roles can be found here.
Security/ export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
You’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 bachelor’s degree relating to project management. However, all other appropriate degree subjects would be considered through application. Including but not limited to:
Mathematics, IT, engineering, science, law or business. We are seeking individuals with the potential to grow and learn within Project Management and Project Control within the business. Applications will be considered by merit and not by the specific degree subject.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- computer sciences and IT
- law and legal studies
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 November 2019