As a graduate you will take responsibility for ensuring that we deliver on our customer commitments at the right time, at the right cost and to the best possible quality. Your work will give you the breadth of experience to succeed and tasks could include controlling budgets and expenditure, covering the governance of change within projects, resourcing, fulfilling contractual requirements or interfacing with our customers. You'll also review performance, evaluate risks and take decisions to optimise project success.
Project Management is about taking real responsibility and accountability for ensuring that we deliver on our customer commitments at the right time, at the right cost and to the right quality.
Follow you passion with the following responsibilities:
- You could find yourself assisting with a wide variety of tasks for example, controlling budgets and expenditure, reporting, decision making and covering the governance of change within projects.
- Managing project progress, identify emerging issues and trend, fulfilling contractual requirements and interfacing with our customers.
- You might also get involved in reviewing performance, analysing risks and informing decisions to optimise project success.
- You will receive support to enable yourself to gain a breadth of skills and business experience to be a success in this field.
- What’s certain is that your small contribution will aid the UK MOD and our international customers receive the customer receiving the capability they need to operate effectively and easily.
What we have on offer for you
Take your first steps in a career that motivates, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, pioneering engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate situations that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
What we are looking for
- As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or predicted to obtain, a 2:2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Degree relating to project management, mathematics, IT, English, engineering, sciience or business – including law and psychology
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- information science and librarianship
- aerospace engineering
- computer sciences and information technology
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 30 January 2023
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2022